Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2021

My Diary

 


dear dairy

WALHT:   

Write a diary entry 


Why?

  • To record events that have happened in my life


Date:

Today is the first day of lockdown. It is Wednesday the 18th August 2021.


Write in the first person (use I, me and my)

I am very bored today. There is nothing to do. My brother is mean and my mum is grumpy and we are all stuck in this house together!


Say what happened in time order (use first, next, finally)

First we have no school and I do not get to see my friends. 

Next problem is my mum can’t cook so we are all going to starve because there is no Pizza Hut, McDonalds or KFC.

Finally and most importantly, the play station is playing up and won’t work properly. 

Include how you feel

I really hate being stuck in this house with these people!



 Words I may need in my writing. 


Date:

Today is the 4th week of lock down. Today is Monday 30th of August 2021. 

First Person:

Today is actually really chilly. Although my mum is still very grumpy and my little brother always cries, I can’t stand being in the same house!

Time Order:

First I actually kinda like the fact that I don’t have to go school

Next Problem is that mum is always yelling so we are all gonna die during lockdown.

Feeling words:

I hate being in this house with my yelling family but I find it cool too because I am the only one in my class that has done heaps of work.







Write your story here.

I am successful when I have:


  • Written in the first person (I,me, my)

  • Used time words (first, next, finally)

  • Included how I feel


I will highlight in my writing where I have included these success criteria.


Dear Diary, This morning I woke up earlier than I usually do. I was really tired, but then I went on the class site to the class meeting. Unfortunately I was too early, only Cohen was on, we had small talk but then it got awkward so then I went on Netflix. Around 9:51 Whaea Lee came on and so did Kahi. While we were waiting for more people to come, we all had turns at telling jokes. After there were 15 of us in the meeting, Whaea Lee let Awhina and her Whanau say a joke for the week tomorrow. Well after joking around with the class Whaea Lee told us what Mahi we need to finish off. Which means after writing I will be doing a chapter recount on Anne Frank - The Diary of a Little Girl. Before doing that my goal for the day is to clean my room and finish as much mahi as possible. I guess you can say that's my everyday goal, because my room is always such a mess, and because I wanna make a better change for myself. Cleaning my room can be stressful because half the time the mess isn’t even mine, but I did it anyway because it does feel better when you are in a clean room instead of a messy one. After cleaning me and my mum made some pizza, but my mum did most of the work because I wanted to do more Mahi. I ate most of the pizza because it was really yummy. As I have started on a book report Whaea saf wants my akomanga to do, it’s called The Diary of a young Girl. It’s about a little girl in world war 2, well she was set as a backdrop in world war 2. To be honest I think she and her friends are acting it out because it says she is from a community - Jewish community. Well I did try and do one slide but I had to babysit my annoying brother. Life can be so stressful sometimes. I tried out this game on a home learning site my kaiako sent me. The games and activities are really fun. These tuhituhi activities help me alot with what I need when I’m writing and how I can make my writings sound more interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Armani. Wow you are working hard in lockdown. Well done you for attending your Google Meets and doing the mahi on the class site. I'm looking forward to getting out of lock down just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ka mau te wehi Armani tika te kōrero nā Matua Matt tō kaha kī te whakaoti mahi. Ae tika tau he uaua te oranga o te tangata i tēnei wā, kia kaha, kia maia, ka taea!. Haere tōnu e koe kī te āwhina i a māma me tō teina nā runga anō he aha te mea nui ko tō whānau.

    ReplyDelete